Friday, April 13, 2012

What Do You Think of Visually's Infographic Creation Tools?

If you're an infographic junkie like me, you've probably heard of Visually -- a great site with tons of infographics and infovideos on almost every subject imaginable. Not only is Visually an awesome source for information, it's also a terrific site to browse when you're looking for design and content inspiration.

A few weeks ago, Visually rolled out the first stage of its instant infographic creation tools. When I heard the announcement, I immediately rushed to the site to check the new feature out. Unfortunately, it seemed that I wasn't the only one looking forward to this addition. At that time, when I was trying to test out the creation tools, the site kept hanging or sending error messages back to me -- probably because so many people were trying to access it at once.

Although I did manage to test the tools a bit that day, I finally decided to wait with intentions of going back later when all the initial kinks and traffic issues had been worked out. Of course, we all know how that goes. With so many other things on my plate, I forgot completely about testing the tools again until this week.

However, I did manage to find an hour to play around with the infographic creation app yesterday, and I can definitely see the potential. Right now, the options are still fairly limited and you can only create a handful of different infographics, all of which utilize Twitter or Facebook data. So, while the customization potential currently isn't that great, I can still see how a lot of potential for this application -- especially if Visually continues to develop it and incorporate new features.

As an example, for one of the infographic options, all you have to do is enter a Twitter hashtag. Then, after a few seconds of processing time, you'll wind up with an infographic that gives information about that hashtag's performance over the last month. Here's the result for the hashtag #contentmarketing:


If you've tried out the tool, what do you think of it? What features would you love to see added?

1 comment:

  1. I tried this website too and the first time it was really slow and eventually stalled. I did retry an hour later and was able to create an infographic. It's pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete